This past weekend I was fortunate enough to enjoy a mini vacay with my husband and two of our closest friends. Where did we go? Las Vegas.
It was H-O-T, hot. We spent the majority of our time in the pool. We also watched Shrek 1, 2, 3, & 4, because they kill me. Rarely do movies make me laugh out loud, but those movies get me every time! My in-laws also live right outside of Las Vegas, so we were able to enjoy some family time too.
Recently, I was nominated for the 13 Reasons Why I Keep Going Tag by my friend Denny. I do not struggle with depression, nor have I ever experienced suicidal thoughts, but I do think it’s important to reflect on those things that make life meaningful. To switch things up a bit, I thought I could incorporate those aspects of my recent trip that really refreshed my spirit.
Here we go!
- Outdoor patios. They are great for reading, thinking, and eating breakfast sandwiches.
- Water slides. Who knew sliding down a dark tunnel could make you feel 10 again?
- Books. Right now I’m reading the chronological Bible and a book called The God Conversation by J.P Moreland and Tim Muehlhoff. I highly recommend both.
- Water. There is nothing as refreshing as water. Fun fact: I don’t drink soda, and I never have.
- Friendship. This one is new for me. I come from a large family, so I’ve always joked that I never needed friends, but they’re pretty cool.
- My husband. I’m just amazed that someone, who is not my parents, can love me as much as he does.
- Shrek 1, 2, 3, & 4. Must I say more?
- Time away. I haven’t told anybody here on WordPress, but I was recently hired as an Adjunct English Professor for two different college campuses. I’m SO excited to start, but as I’ve said before, having this summer of blissful nothingness has been life-giving.
- WordPress. I have not been as active on WordPress as of late, but there are so many of my WordPress friends who show me patience and understanding, and I am just absolutely grateful for YOU. The fact that you are reading the words I’ve typed is just unreal.
- The Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor in Paradise franchise. The finale of the Bachelorette was this past Monday. The irony is I don’t necessarily watch to see a love story, and I certainly don’t watch to see the drama. For me, it’s like going to an airport to people watch, but I don’t have to leave the comfort of my own home.
- My dog Dobby. Home just isn’t home when a furry face doesn’t greet me when I walk through the door with luggage in hand.
- God. Truly, He’s number 1-13.
I hope y’all enjoy this short list and have a happy Wednesday. 🙂